What really happened with Will, Jada, and August?

The ENTANGLEMENT Issue:

"An ENTANGLEMENT with August"

Will and Jada Pinket Smith got married in 1997, after meeting on the set of 1990s sitcom The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. They have 2 children together. Their family have always been in the spotlight and their marriage has had struggles even before the ENTANGLEMENT issue.

Marriage is hard enough with just two people, and even more trying with the whole world watching.

 So what happened lately?
The power couple set social media ablaze by coming clean about their relationship issues. Drama broke out on social media over Jada's choice of words; "an entanglement with August".
Let's try to examine the story a bit more, with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully, we'll get some answers together.

The interview that set the ball rolling -
August said:
“I actually sat down with Will and had a conversation due to the transformation from their marriage to life partnership . . . he gave me his blessing." .“I totally gave myself to that relationship for years of my life, and I truly and really, really deeply love and have a ton of love for her. I devoted myself to it.”

This made us realise that something happened between August and Jada, and the 'blessing' part made us wonder if Will and Jada were in an open relationship.
Questions, answers and more questions.


So, Will and Jada go to her Facebook show Red Table Talk, to 'clear the air'.
The actress said that the Relationship with August happened while she was separated from her husband.
"I was done with yo ass" he says.

"We were over," she says.
"From there, as time went on, I got into a different kind of entanglement with August."
Will then presses her, saying "an entanglement? A relationship."

They broke up? We didn't know that.


Then she explains;
"I was in a lot of pain and I was very broken."
"I just wanted to feel good. It's been so long since I felt good"

Majority may not approve of how she went about it, but can recognise the fact that she knew what she wanted, even though she was 'broken' (the breakup of a 22 year relationship can do that to anyone) and let it happen with August.

She then goes on to debunk the 'blessing' myth by saying: "The only person that can give permission in that particular situation is myself". So we understand that there was no open marriage, and the 'blessing' was a 'misunderstanding' of the situation by August.
Oooooookaaay! Makes a bit of sense now... But.....


August on the other hand who at the time was sick physically and psychologically was with the Smiths for a while and we can see how comfortable Jada must have felt with him and how sympathetic he must have felt for her (the sick becoming the nurse) and bam! One thing leads to another. Did he know what he wanted at the time? Or was he taken advantage of by another broken person?

Heal before you deal ;(

Healing really is important before entering a new relationship, and this couldn't be said of Jada who hadn't completely ended her former relationship or August who was really sick and 'in love' with his therapist. ( "I truly and really, really deeply love and have a ton of love for her. I devoted myself to it.”) So it really was an ENTANGLEMENT ;) 


It is what it isssssss....


After a short while, Jada realizes that a rebound won't dampen her love for her husband, August realizes she never would feel the same about him, leaves the relationship even more broken than before.
According to The Cut
August said; This conversation is difficult because [it’s] hard for people to understand. But once it starts to affect me and my livelihood, I have to speak up about my truth … Walking away from it butchered me … It almost killed me. Not almost. It did — it pushed me into being another person … It broke me down … It probably will be the hardest thing I ever had to experience in this lifetime.

So why get involved in the first place?


Later, on the husband and wife, Red Table chat, Smith admitted he once thought that he and his wife would never speak again.

Why? Cos of the August affair? Or due to the issues that led to their break up in the first place?

We can't deny the fact that they got stronger for it though. As Will said: "We refer to ourselves as life partners . . . you realize you are literally with somebody for the rest of your life, marriage 'ain’t for the weak of heart."

Dayum, he looked really teary at this point.

And Jada said: "Through that particular journey, I learned so much about myself and was able to really confront a lot of emotional immaturities, emotional insecurity and I was really able to do some really deep healing, and as I came through and started to realize certain things about you and I, (ie: she still loved Will) he decided to break all communication with me (Ie: August realised he didn't stand a chance against a 22year old love... Which must hurt) which was totally understandable. And I let that be and hadn't talked to him since..."



We also know the two were thankfully able to repair their relationship as Pinkett Smith said;  "We have really gotten to that new place of unconditional love."
This must have included lots of forgiveness, compromise and understanding.

Behind the scenes, saving their marriage must have been anything but easy. Will still looks hurt and believes he has to win his wife back cos he said; ....“I don’t want to go through this no more…I’m gonna get you back first.”

His wife replied, “You’ll get me back? I think you got me back. I think we’re good on that, ok!” to which Will said, “Ok, that’s probably true.”

“I don’t think it’s about getting anybody back,” Jada added, as Will laughed, “No, for me it is!”

Ouch, someone's still hurting, and maybe a bit unsure.

They concluded the red table talk with a fist-bump, joking around with a catchphrase from Smith's Bad Boys franchise: "We ride together, we die together. Bad marriage for life".





After the red table talk, August has been queried on all sides and has had to respond on social media:

Being trolled on Twitter is not funny for those involved :(

My truth is MY truth, & its mine to own," he wrote. "There is no right or wrong here, it simply just IS. & I make room and have acceptance for your thoughts and opinions, regardless if I agree or not, you have that freedom to feel WHATEVER it is u feel because when you're at TRUE peace, all of the noise and chatter becomes that of a whisper."

My heart goes out to this hurting young man and I hope he finds genuine healing in good time.
I hope we have been able to answer so vital questions on ENTANGLEMENT? Lol.

Do tell us in the comment section:
1. Is love enough to save a relationship?
2. What are your thoughts on the Will, Jada and August triangle?
3. Would you take a straying partner back?

See you soon,
XoXo, RHD.

Sources:
Facebook
BBC
CNN
Skynews
People magazine
The Cut
Page Six


Comments

  1. They were still together and she cheated on him, simple. There's no sugar coating.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what to say but I really really feel for August Alsina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... Too bad he let himself get caught in the middle...

      Delete
  3. For better for worse.
    Will's not gonna go through another divorce and put his kids through it.
    There have been roumors sbabo Will cheating too. That wasn't mentioned.
    So they'll sort it out.
    I trust them.
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For better for worse.
    Will's not gonna go through another divorce and put his kids through it.
    There have been roumors about Will cheating too. That wasn't mentioned.
    So they'll sort it out.
    I trust them.
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For better for worse.
    Will's not gonna go through another divorce and put his kids through it.
    There have been roumors about Will cheating too. That wasn't mentioned.
    So they'll sort it out.
    I trust them.
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 😂 😂 😂
    The point is, Jada used August to heal..
    O wrong..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, looks like it worked... Sorry for August😁

      Delete
  7. Marriage is for better, for better 😊. I'm glad they patched up the leaking roof of their relationship. And definitely, I'ld take a straying partner back in as much as the Love is still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like that was the case with them. Love wins!

      Delete

Post a Comment

It will put a huge smile on my face if you subscribe to my blog

Popular Posts