Finding your voice.

Dear Reader,


Welcome to my open diary...


This post is as much for me as it is for you. It's been quite some time since I wrote anything, and I’ve spent the last few months wondering, like any writer after a dry spell or life-changing incidents... Where do I start? What do I say next? And how do I gain consistency in writing and readership?


Truth is, I don't have all the answers. So, I decided to just open this page and write. Whatever comes to mind. Like I'd write in my personal diary or talk to a good friend that I haven't seen in a while.


So, let's catch up. How have you been? Tell me in the comments below.


As for me, a lot has been going on since the last time I wrote here.


I married a filmmaker and started producing films for our company. I started a YouTube channel but haven’t been consistent with that (shooting is easy, editing is hard). I’ve also worked as a TV presenter and social media manager for brands.


Most recently, I became a mummy to a beautiful baby girl. It's been a wonderfully trying experience (story for another day).


Let's just say, the things I've been consistent with in the last two years are building a family, good friendships, and a continuing relationship with God. All important things, I know. But when it comes to my career and doing things I enjoy, it’s another story entirely.


According to my husband, close friends, and research, here’s how to find your voice again:



1. Start Small: Take small steps and don’t overwhelm yourself. Write a little every day, even if it’s just a paragraph.

2. Be Consistent: Set a schedule and stick to it. Consistency is key to developing any habit.

Consistency is haaaaard.

3. Find Inspiration: Surround yourself with things and people that inspire you. Read, watch, and listen to content that ignites your passion.

4. Connect with Others: Engage with a community of like-minded individuals. Share your journey and learn from theirs.

5. Be Kind to Yourself: It’s okay to have off days. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Celebrate small victories and progress.



P.S. I wrote this on 23/03/2023, and I'm only now finding the courage to share it with you today, 27/05/2024.

So here I am, openly looking for my voice again, wondering which direction to take RHDLifestyle. I guess we’ll have to find out together.

Thank you for coming back to read, and if you’re new here, welcome. Thanks for joining me on this journey.

XOXO; RHD 💜💜💜

Comments

It will put a huge smile on my face if you subscribe to my blog

Popular Posts