Four (4) Christmas Movies to Ring-In The Season.

Who are you this season? Mr Jango....? Fat man/Billy? The switched princess? Or The Grinch?



Type your Character towards Christmas this year, below. 

1. Mr Jangle of Jingle Jangle: a Christmas journey: This movie is a 2020 musical fantasy that kids and the young at heart would enjoy this season. Forest Whitaker surely took his role to heart, and we hear John Legend himself lent his talents to the music (apart from being one the producers himself).

Synopsis: Jeronicus Jangle was betrayed by  his apprentice. The once joyful, genius toymaker lost it all, including the will to fight,  will he cling to new hope when his bright young granddaughter; Journey appears on his doorstep?

One character who caught my eye in this movie is:  Jeronicus. He reminds me of a bunch of people, especially this season which should be all merry and happy. The geniuses, business owners, students, family members, friends and loved ones who fell so far behind plans in 2020. Will they listen to to what little 'Journey' has to say and work on that abandoned project? I guess we'll find out. 

Rating: The movie is rated 92% by Rotten Tomatoes, 6.6/10 by IMBd.... 

I'll rate it 5.7/10

It's a fun, christmassy watch, probably the closest I've seen to The Greatest Showman, in musical terms, but I think the historical, posh black families seemed too fairytale than reality for me. 

Anyway, are you already a Mr Jangle this season?



2. Mr Cringle of Fatman : A 2020 action Christmas movie! Who'd have thought? Lol. Secret agent Santa, wielding guns himself. 😁😁

Starring Mel Gibson, Walton Goggins and Marianne Jean-Baptiste.

Synopsis: To save his declining business, Chris Cringle, also known as Santa Claus, is forced into a partnership with the U.S. military. Making matters worse, Chris gets stalked and attacked by a skilled assassin, hired by a precocious 12-year-old, after receiving a well-deserved lump of coal in his Christmas stocking.

One character who caught my eye in this movie.....: woulda been Santa himself (The Fatman). I mean, how they managed to keep the myth of Santa, and give him a real identity at the same time, really is striking, BUT; The 12 year old is the one to lookout for. Billy Wenan's character reminds me so much of Richie Rich with his poise and meanness. So... Will that be you this season? Polished but mean Billy?

Rating: 47% by Rotten Tomatoes, 6/10 by IMDb, 6/10 by RHD. 😉



3. Princess Switch; Switched Again: This movie is a 2020 Christmas romantic comedy. A sequel to The Princess Switch, staring Vanessa Hudgens, Sam Palladio, Susanne Braun, and Nick Sagar.

Synopsis: The story follows Margaret Delacourt, the Duchess of Montenaro, who suddenly inherits the throne to her home country of Montenaro. As her Christmas coronation approaches, she and Stacy switch places once again so Margaret can fix her relationship with Stacy's friend Kevin. Unbeknownst to both women, a third look-alike, Margaret's evil cousin Lady Fiona, disguises herself as Margaret in a scheme to steal the throne.

One character who caught my eye in this movie is: Of course Vanessa Hudgens herself. I was fascinated by the fact that she played both characters in the first instalment of the film, but hearing she played a THIRD character got me reaching for this film. That must not have been an easy acting feat. The evil cousin Lady Fiona is my favorite of all three 😂. Maybe I'll adopt her flare for fashion and fun this season. I mean, is there any other way to live? #justsaying😉. 

Rating: 67% by Rotten Tomatoes, 5.3 by IMDb, 6.8 by RHD. 




4. The Grinch: Oldie but Goldie, personal favourite of the last two year's Christmas movies had to make this list! 
This is a 2018, family/animation/Christmas movie that I absolutely can't resist going back to, this season. Narrated by Pharell Williams, while The Grinch himself was voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Synopsis: The Grinch gets really annoyed with the festive cheer in the village of Whoville. So, he teams up with his dog- Max to ruin the festive spirit of the people by being a spoilsport. 😖

One character who caught my eye in this movie is: Yea, you guessed right... The Grinch. Cindy Lou Who's character was super sweet, innocent, Christmas loving girl, who you just had to love, but the Grinch.. His pain, anger and hurt is real, you could almost feel it yourself. I especially loved the scenes where he was getting ready for his day/scheming his grand ideas... They meant that in his grumpiness, he still found a way to be cheerful.
So, are you a Grinch this season? Truly?
Rating: 60% by Rotten Tomatoes, 6.7 by IMDb, 7.6 by RHD.... 😋

It really will put a Christmas smile on my face if you'd subscribe to my blog! Thank you. 😊


Anyhoos, see you soon.
PS: Don't forget to tell me your Christmas character in the comment  section below. 💃

XoXo; RHD 💜💜



Comments

  1. Well I haven't seen any of these movies so I will plan towards seeing them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy. 😁
      Don't forget to subscribe to the blog. 😉

      Delete
  2. The Princess switch, switch again is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, that's someone in the Christmas spirit already! 😊

      Delete
  3. Well...I haven't seen any. I'm hoping to watch the soon sha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fat man am gonna watch this movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fat man it is. Seems that's your Christmas character. 😉

      Delete
  5. Great, even though we old men feel we are above Christmas movies. This your review is too sweet for one not to watch the full package

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂😂
      Well, the Holiday spirit is for everyone.. Even old men. 😉

      Delete
  6. I have watched 3 out of 4. I am def Jeronicus' granddaughter cos I love to make people believe 💃💃💃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! You know good movies. And you love a good fantasy. Nice to hear from you Ms Journey 😁

      Delete
  7. I want to see Jingle Jangle. I have heard a lot about it and this your review too is making me want to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It will put a huge smile on my face if you subscribe to my blog

Popular Posts